This page contains selected back issues (in PDF format) of our full color, semi-annual newsletter, which you will receive in print by becoming a member.
Members receive their print newsletter before it is posted here.
- Winter 2022: Oklahoma Breeding Bird Atlas update, Sutton Award, Volunteer work day, Attwater’s Prairie-Chicken update, Masked Bobwhite update, 2022 Bald Eagle nests, Dragonflies of Oklahoma, Prairie Grouse Technical Council meeting and sage-grouse fence marking, Native plants, Steve Belanger obituary, Education and internship program updates, Vasu eagle incubator article. Downlaod now
- Summer 2022: Lesser Prairie-Chicken surveys, Bartlesville eagle camera, Attwater’s Prairie-Chicken project, Sutton Awards, Lisa Riggs, Wild Brew, Education program animals, Sage-grouse habitat selection, Pollinator plantings, Joel Sartore Photo Ark exhibit, Masked Bobwhite behavior, George Sutton. Download now
- Winter 2021: Masked Bobwhite releases, year 2 of Oklahoma Breeding Bird Atlas 2, habitat selection and sage-grouse, Attwater’s Prairie-Chicken update, national wildlife refuge bird surveys, education program, Bald Eagle nesting update, meet Dr. Ryan Pitts, Bald Eagle nest camera. Download now
- Summer 2021: Tribute to Steve Sherrod, tracking sage-grouse, habitat improvements for Masked Bobwhite, welcome Artemis, meet Dr. John Hoolihan, barn improvements, Attwater’s Prairie-Chicken update, Sutton Award. Download now
- Winter 2020: Attwater’s Prairie-Chickens, Oklahoma Breeding Bird Atlas II, Eagle cam installation, Sage-grouse capture, Masked Bobwhites, John Toepfer portrait, Harold Price, artists for Sutton Center, Education program challenge grant, Wild Brew, eagle nest monitoring BEST program, Animal ambassadors, Sutton Award. Download now
- Summer 2020: Oklahoma Breeding Bird Atlas II, Attwater’s Prairie-Chickens, Sage-grouse trapping, Sutton Award, Jim Harman, Miranda Adams, Masked Bobwhites, Wild Brew, Barbara Joyce. Download now
- Winter 2019: Attwater’s Prairie-Chicken, Wild Brew, Sam Daniel, bird declines, John Toepfer monument and scholarship, welcome Aaron Pratt, welcome Ariel Wapnick, PGTC meeting, Masked Bobwhite. Download now
- Summer 2019: Bald Eagle nest surveys, Bald Eagle webcam, Attwater’s Prairie-Chicken eggs, Oklahoma Breeding Bird Atlas II, Masked Bobwhite project, Bruce Beehler visit, new board members, Carl the prairie-chicken, John Toepfer remembered, Sutton Award, aviculturists. Download now
- Winter 2018: Nest camera update, John Toepfer memorial, Wild Brew 2018, Leks, Masked Bobwhite rearing and releasing, Greater Prairie-Chicken rearing and releasing, OOS Merit Award, Kirby Lehman, International Grouse Symposium, Education Program volunteer recruitment, Sutton Award. Download now
- Summer 2018: Prairie-Chicken releases, Year of the Bird, White-tailed Ptarmigan update, Masked Bobwhite update, grouse hybrids, Sutton friends lost, saving Lilly, Sutton Award, new aviculturist. Download now
- Winter 2017: Masked Bobwhites, White-tailed Ptarmigan update, night-trapping prairie-chickens, Hamerstrom Award, prairie-chicken transport boxes, Oklahoma Winter Bird Atlas book, Sage-Grouse book, Henslow’s Sparrow surveys, Wild Brew 2017. Download now
- Summer 2017: Wildfire at the Sutton Center, Greater Prairie-Chickens, project and breeding facility updates, Cape Griffons, Joel Sartore photo shoot, George Archibald visit, eagle nest destroyed by a storm, Sutton Award 2017, ONE award finalist, new development director. Download now
Newsletter Archives (2002-2016)
- December 2022 (Issue 64) Newsletter of the Grouse Group of the IUCN-SSC Galliformes Specialist Group Download now